The Unix Pipe made it versatile and made the ‘everything is character file’ metaphor of Unix work. Now in the web2 world, we need something as versatile to marshal data spread all over the web. Is Yahoo Pipes it answer? Find out more at PipesCamp:
The unconference trend is taking a new twist with this super focused event, and more interestingly, a startup hover.in
is organizing and sponsoring it.
The Agenda looks very enticing:
* Introduction to Yahoo! pipes
* History and evolution of Pipes
* Yahoo! pipes from a blogger’s perspective
* Yahoo! pipes from a developer’s perspective
* Experiments with pipes
* Workshops / Tutorials
* Building a community for collaborating with pipes
* Feature requests for Yahoo! Pipes? – api, import/export, more operators, support for 3rd party widgets?
* There will also be a contest running through out the day for the “Best Pipes” created / showcased at pipesCamp ,with prizes announced at the end of the day.
See you there.